I am honored to be a guest speaker at The 2023 Leapfrog Annual Meeting & Awards Dinner on December 5, 2023, at the Grand Hyatt in Washington, DC. This year’s meeting theme is “The Next Leaps in Patient Safety.” It will highlight strategies to dramatically advance patient safety, from supporting the health care workforce to engaging patients to better use technology. To learn more or attend the event, please click here.
I started Hughes Advocacy to help patients navigate the fragmented healthcare system to prevent a medical error or harm. I was personally affected by a preventable medical error.
I have been in the medical industry for over 20 years, and the past five, serving as a private patient advocate. I gained so much wisdom, crucial information, and valuable resources that I have expanded my footprint to help as many as I can from medical harm. I now offer Healthcare Group Coaching and Speaking to audiences who are not interested in hiring a private patient advocate but wish to have the tools and resources to make better informed medical decisions.
My goal as a Healthcare advocate, coach, and speaker is to be your voice and put you back at the center of your healthcare! This is done through education and empowerment, which gives hope to the clients that I serve.
As a healthcare speaker, I provide my audience with relevant information, tools, and resources. I am also very involved with healthcare policy and will give the audience up to date information on the topics that I speak. Each speaking engagement is uniquely tailored for the audience to which I will deliver.
My typical audience includes academics (nurses and residents), corporations, and conferences.
Due to COVID, all speaking engagements and presentations are virtual. Fees are negotiable.
Topics to Include:
Understanding your HIPAA rights and the importance of reviewing your medical records
Navigating Telemedicine and how to communicate effectively with your healthcare team
How to effectively use your patient portal to assist in making informed medical decisions
What is a Hospital Acquired Infection and how to prevent one
Primary Care errors - diagnostic errors affect 12 million Americans every year. Don't be a statistic.
What does it mean to own your own healthcare - putting the care back in healthCARE
- Wed, Jun 27Homewood Public LibraryJun 27, 2018, 8:00 AMHomewood Public Library, 1721 Oxmoor Rd, Birmingham, AL 35209, USA
- Tue, Jun 26The Club, IncJun 26, 2018, 11:00 AMThe Club, Inc, 1 Robert S Smith Dr, Birmingham, AL 35209, USAJun 26, 2018, 11:00 AMThe Club, Inc, 1 Robert S Smith Dr, Birmingham, AL 35209, USAA time of illness is a stressful time for patients as well as for their families. Patients need someone who can look out for their best interests and help navigate the confusing healthcare system–in other words, an advocate.
- Mon, May 14Emmet O'Neal Public LibraryMay 14, 2018, 6:30 PMEmmet O'Neal Public Library, 50 Oak St, Mountain Brook, AL 35213, USA
- Mon, Apr 02Bridgeworth FinancialApr 02, 2018, 8:30 AMBridgeworth Financial, 3800 Colonnade Pkwy #300, Birmingham, AL 35243, USA
- Thu, Mar 08The Harbert CenterMar 08, 2018, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMThe Harbert Center, 2019 4th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203, USA